This week, the gals try and tackle the history and conspiracy theories surrounding the mysterious Bohemian Club, and their vacation spot - the Bohemian Grove. Tune in to hear all about the beginnings of the club, whose been involved, the Grove, and of course all things weird that are associated with it. As well, make sure you tune in regarding an important show update. Need a distraction? We got you.
Podcast promo: A Little Wicked - Check them out!
Please check out this link regarding how you can support Ukraine: https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/ukraine-help-resources-donations/
Listener discretion is advised. Shout out to our Patrons Tom, Bailey, Angela, Jon, Alicia, Lynn, Sissy, Shadow, Courtney & Cheryl! Thank you for supporting Weird Distractions on Patreon. You can also support the show on Patreon and get monthly bonus episodes, behind the scenes footage, and more! We're also on Buy Me a Coffee if you want to support the show with a one-time donation. You can also find us on Redbubble for some Weird Distractions merch. If you want to provide feedback or even your own weird story to be read on air in an upcoming Listener Distractions episode - please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're listening on Apple Podcasts, please consider rating & reviewing! It's the best way to support the show (for free). Thanks for listening!
Weird Distractions is a proud member of the Cultiv8 network: https://www.patreon.com/cultiv8podcastnetwork/
- Book - “The Conspiracy Book: A Chronological Journey Through Secret Societies and Hidden Histories” - written by John Michael Greer - Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. - Published in 2018 - https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/39859658-the-conspiracy-book
- Wikipedia page - Bohemian Club - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Club#Founding
- Wikipedia page - J. Robert Oppenheimer - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppenheimer
- Wikipedia page - List of Bohemian Club members - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bohemian_Club_members
- Wikipedia page - Joseph Coors - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Coors
- Wikipedia page - Haig Patigian - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haig_Patigian
- Wikipedia page - Manhattan Project - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_Project
- Wikipedia page - Bohemian Grove - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove
- All That’s Interesting article - “The Little Known History of Bohemian Grove, The Summer Camp for the Masters of the Universe” - by Katie Serena, Checked by Jaclyn Anglis - November 28th, 2021 - https://allthatsinteresting.com/bohemian-grove
- Vanity Fair article - “Bohemian Tragedy” - By Alex Shoumatoff - April 1st, 2009 - https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2009/05/bohemian-grove200905?currentPage=1
- Vanity Fair articles - “A Guide to the Bohemian Grove” - By Julian Sancton - April 1st, 2009 - https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2009/05/bohemian-grove-guide200905#:~:text=To%20join%20the%20Bohemian%20Club,patrician%2C%20Republican%2C%20and%20white
- Who Rules America website - “Social Cohesion & The Bohemian Grove, The Power Elite at Summer Camp” - By G. William Domhoff - https://whorulesamerica.ucsc.edu/power/bohemian_grove.html
- Pronounce Wiki website - How to Pronounce Haig Patigian - https://www.pronouncekiwi.com/Haig%20Patigian
- Google review: https://www.google.com/search?q=bohimeian+grove&oq=bohimeian+grove&aqs=chrome..69i57.2597j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x8084219c9f02e56d:0x3e7d7b4c40b0a2da,1,,,
- YouTube - "Secrets Of Bohemian Grove: WTF Is Going On There??” - uploaded by Kendall Rae - May 7th, 2020
- Haute Living article - "Bohemian Grove: Shhhh it’s happening right now” - by Haute Living - July 19th, 2011 - https://hauteliving.com/2011/07/bohemian-grove-club/176311/
- Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/f1597/i_worked_at_the_bohemian_grove_ama/
- Cambridge Dictionary - Bohemian - https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bohemian
- Washington Post article - “Bohemian Grove: Where the rich and powerful go to misbehave” - by Elizabeth Flock - June 15th, 2011 - https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/bohemian-grove-where-the-rich-and-powerful-go-to-misbehave/2011/06/15/AGPV1sVH_blog.html